The school’s Pastoral Support Team, comprising a full time Pastoral Support Manager and two full time Pastoral Support Workers, is based in the Well-Being Centre (formerly the Student Support Centre) in A Building.
The Pastoral Support Team are available to students throughout the school day and are on hand to assist with a whole range of concerns.
The Well-being Centre is located at the rear of the School Hall where the services provided by the Pastoral Support Team include:
- Confidence and self-esteem building
- Advice on personal lifestyle choices as well as health, wellbeing and fitness
- Supporting students with medical needs
- Mediation and conflict resolution
- Emotional support and counselling
- Information regarding anti-bullying and e-safety.
Whether it is due to life events, behaviour, emotional or attendance concerns, Formby High School goes the extra mile to provide support to our students, their families and our staff as well.
The Well-being Centre is open on a daily basis from 8.300am until 4.30pm and students are free to use the space for quiet reading and independent study.
This is also where students come to report and recover items of lost property.