As you may be aware, the Government provides funds to support students in receipt of Free School Meals. If you qualify and register, not only will you be able to access free school meals (potentially saving you up to £350 per year) but the school will also receive additional funding to support students.
You are eligible for Free School Meals if you are in receipt of:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit ONLY (not entitled/receiving Working Tax Credit) and have an income of less that £16190.00
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit and have a net household income of less than £7400 per annum
- Support under VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act
As a school community, we are keen to ensure that all students, and indeed the school, receive the levels of support they are duly entitled to. Please do not hesitate to contact a member of the school’s administrative team if you require any further information or support with this process.
If you are currently registered for Free School Meals, Sefton Council has changed the way it processes renewals. You will not receive renewal notifications.
If there are any changes to your application or qualifying circumstances, please ensure you contact Sefton Council by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to update them.
You may not be aware that the school receives additional funding for each child who registers for Free School Meals (regardless of whether they choose to take them). This funding enables the school to deploy a variety of additional support measures for these students.