Free School Meals
As you may be aware, the Government provides funds to support students in receipt of Free School Meals. If you qualify and register, not only will you be able to access free school meals (potentially saving you up to £350 per year) but the school will also receive additional funding to support students.
How does it work?
- Check if you qualify – you can register your child for free school meals if you are in receipt of any of the benefits listed below.
- Register – it is very quick and easy to do. All applications are managed by Sefton’s Pupil Support Team (0151 934 3456) and application forms can be downloaded here. Before completing the form, please read the accompanying letter from Sefton Council by clicking here.
Do I Qualify?
You are eligible for Free School Meals if you are in receipt of:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Universal credit (please contact Sefton Council to discuss this eligibility further)
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC. Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right are also entitled to receive free school meals.
As a school community, we are keen to ensure that all students, and indeed the school, receive the levels of support they are duly entitled to. Please do not hesitate to contact a member of the school’s administrative team if you require any further information or support with this process.
If you are currently registered for Free School Meals, Sefton Council has changed the way it processes renewals. You will not receive renewal notifications.
If there are any changes to your application or qualifying circumstances, please ensure you contact Sefton Council by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to update them.
You may not be aware that the school receives additional funding for each child who registers for Free School Meals (regardless of whether they choose to take them). This funding enables the school to deploy a variety of additional support measures for these students.