At Formby High School safeguarding our students underpins everything we do.
‘Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families has a role to play.’
Keeping Children Safe in Education (DfE September 2021)
It might be difficult to accept, but every child can be hurt, put at risk of harm or abused, regardless of their age, gender, religion or ethnicity.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined for the purposes of this guidance as:
- protecting children from maltreatment
- preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes
Our Safeguarding responsibilities do not only involve protecting children from deliberate harm but also underpin everyday aspects of school life, such as protecting general health and safety, providing first aid and meeting the needs of students with medical conditions, ensuring safety on and off site and general security provisions at the school.
Key Safeguarding Contacts
Should you have any Safeguarding concerns please contact the Designated / Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads as follows:
- Mrs K Blanchard – Senior Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Mrs G Edey – Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Mrs A Harrison-Forsyth – Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Miss K MacDougall – Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Mrs S Taylor – Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- You can also raise a concern directly with Sefton Children’s Services
- Sefton Local Safeguarding Children Board
Useful Websites and Resources
Please find below a selection of websites which provide further information on a variety of Safeguarding matters: