You can download the latest versions of our school policies at the bottom of this page.
Please contact our Clerk to Governors at the school if you require any further policy information (01704 835650) or would like to receive a hard copy of a policy document.
Holidays in Term Time
In 2013, the Government announced that Headteachers are no longer permitted to authorise any holidays during term time. Please see our Attendance Policy below for full information.
Requests for leave of absence during term time to complete educational support activities (external music/dance examinations for example) will be approved at the discretion of the Headteacher. Leave of Absence Request forms should be collected from the main office at school and, once completed and signed by parents, submitted with an accompanying letter outlining the reason for the request to your child’s Climate for Learning Leader. The Climate for Learning Leader will then complete the relevant section of the form before passing it to the Headteacher for consideration. You will receive a communication from the Headteacher informing you of his decision.
Photography Consent Forms
The school is keen to ensure that the many successes and achievements of our students are expressed through their own experiences and accounts. We may often use photographs to support articles, website features and news releases to local media. If you have not yet done so, please complete the following ‘Photography Consent Form’ to indicate your preferences and return it to the Examinations and Database office at school in hard copy. Should you wish to amend or withdraw consent, please contact the Examinations and Data Manager in writing informing them of your decision.
Health and Safety
Students must ensure they behave in a way that promotes their own safety and that of others, report any health and safety concerns to a member of staff and take responsibility for ensuring school remains a safe place.
- Accessibility Policy and Access Plan
- Anti-bullying Policy
- Assessment and Achievement
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Careers Education, Information and Guidance
- Careers Provider Access Statement
- Child Protection
- Collective Worship
- Continued Professional Development
- Controlled Assessment
- Data Protection and Privacy Notice
- Education of Looked After / Previously Looked After Children
- Equal Opportunities
- Equality Duty Statement and Single Equality Plan
- Examinations Disability Access
- Examinations – Non-examination Assessment
- Expectant Mothers
- Fire Evacuation
- Freedom of Information
- Health and Safety
- Home School Agreement
- Homework and Independent Learning
- Learning and Teaching
- Managing Inappropriate Behaviour by Parents and Visitors
- Marking and Written Feedback
- Mental Health and Well-being
- Mobile Phone
- Offsite Provision Policy
- Online Safety Policy
- Positive Handling
- Preventing Radicalisation and Extremism
- Public Sector Equality Duty
- Pupil Premium
- Self Evaluation
- Sex and Relationships Education
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- Special Educational Needs and Disability Information Report
- Student ICT Acceptable Use
- Supporting Students with Medical Needs
- Trips and Educational Visits