WHY CONSIDER AN APPRENTICESHIP?
- Have you left school already or are you leaving school in 2017?
- Do you want to learn key business skills in a work environment and continue studying?
- Do you want to earn an income?
- Are you considering becoming an Accountant?
- Or are you interested in learning general business administration skills?
WHO ARE WE?
- We are an ‘Outstanding’ (Ofsted), over-subscribed, high school with over 1100 students, including 200 in Sixth Form
- Based in Formby, near Freshfield and Formby train stations and easily accessible from road with free on-site parking
- We converted to Academy status in 2011 and operate as a business – not just a school
- Our team includes 130 teaching and support staff
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
- An apprenticeship for 12 months (possibly longer for the right candidate)
- Full on-the-job training in your chosen discipline
- Safeguarding and Health and Safety Training
- Getting ‘real’ job experience preparing you for the world of work
- A full time job working 36 hours per week
- Term time hours only so you still have school holidays
- Pay of £3.40 per hour in the first year, rising to £5.55 per hour for year two and three
There are two Apprentice vacancies:
APPRENTICE ONE: ADMINISTRATION APPRENTICE
- An opportunity to receive training in all areas of school administration including answering the phone, dealing with visitors and students, photocopying, responding to emails, writing letters, supporting fundraising initiatives and school events
- Work towards your NVQ Level 2 Business Administration
APPRENTICE TWO: FINANCE / ACCOUNTING APPRENTICE
- An opportunity to receive training in a busy Finance Department learning all areas of finance and accounting, including processing of purchase orders and invoices. You will support the Finance Manager in the maintenance of accurate financial records in line with accounting standards, assist in month-end processing, deal with enquiries from suppliers, debtors, budget holders and other academy staff, as well as help to manage day to day stock levels.
- Work towards your NVQ Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting (AAT qualification)
- Possibility of doing a second year and completing your NVQ Level 3 in Accounting (AAT Qualification) for the right candidate
WHAT DO WE EXPECT FROM YOU?
You will need to:
- Be enthusiastic and energetic in your approach
- Be organised and methodical
- Understand confidentiality and be able to keep information private
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills (minimum GCSE grade C or above) – for the Accounting Apprenticeship, A Level (or equivalent) is desirable
- Like working in a busy office with lots to do
- Be able to cope with tight deadlines
- Have a genuine interest in Administration or Finance
- Be available for work from September 2017
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- Contact Fay Callow, School Business Manager, on 01704 873100 (option 5 for the HR Department) to have an informal chat
- Register your interest with Progress to Excellence who is the training provider for the Apprenticeship Programme on their website at www.progresstoexcellence.co.uk or by telephone: 0151 650 693