A big FHS welcome to all our new Year 7 students joining us in September 2018!
We are delighted you have chosen Formby High School for your secondary education and we look forward to working with all parents and students to ensure the next five to seven years are enjoyable, challenging and highly rewarding.
Our Transition Team, led by Mr Cook (Senior Assistant Headteacher) and Mrs Edey (Climate for Learning Leader Year 7), oversees the smooth transition of students from primary to secondary school on an annual basis. During the summer term they visit every primary school to meet with Year 6 teachers and learn more about your son/daughter. This close collaboration will enable us to fully understand your child’s progress, abilities, interests and friendship groups. Whilst we understand you may have comments regarding any one of these matters, often particularly with friendship groups, rest assured we will be able to harvest this information from your child’s Year 6 teacher. This transition planning process is well established and promotes a smooth and productive start to secondary school; we ask that you place your trust in this system which will be our sole source of information to guide our decision making for allocation of tutor groups.
All parents are sent a welcome pack containing information about the transition programme and a number of consent forms which the school require to prepare your son/daughter’s records for September.
- Year 7 Parent Handbook 2018 – the handbook will be available on the New Parent Information Evening and will help you navigate the transition process with us and ensure a smooth start at FHS for your child
- Induction Day 1 – Wednesday 20 June 2018
- Induction Day 2 – Wednesday 27 June 2018
New Parents’ Evening
- Wednesday 27 June 2018 (7pm)
- Monday 20 to Friday 24 August 2018
Starlets / Nurture Group
The Special Educational Needs Department will be welcoming the Starlets Group to Formby High School for several taster sessions during the Summer term of 2018 to help familiarise themselves with the school and the staff.
Year 7 Family Garden Party
- Tuesday 3 July – details to follow
Uniform and Equipment Shopping
- School Uniform Requirements
- School Equipment List
Start of Term Arrangements
- You will receive details of the start of term arrangements (September 2018) during the new parents evening presentation and details will also be contained in a welcome letter from Mr Mackenzie to parents during the summer holiday