A big FHS welcome to all our new Year 7 students joining us in September 2021!
We are delighted you have chosen Formby High School for your secondary education and we look forward to working with all parents and students to ensure the next five to seven years are enjoyable, challenging and highly rewarding.
Throughout the transition process, we communicate with our new parents by email via the address you used to submit your preference to Sefton in October. We are confident that you will enjoy this transition process and that your child will be fully supported during this important milestone for them. Becoming part of the FHS family will be an experience they won’t forget and we are very much looking forward to meeting everyone over the coming weeks.
Start of New School Year Arrangements 2021
- Headteacher letter with important information for the start of the 2021/22 school year
- Covid-19 Testing Arrangements for New School Year 2021/22
New Parents’ Handbook 2021
The handbook below is designed to give parents of new Year 7 students a wealth of information to help them support their child as they transition to secondary school.
New Year 7 Parents’ Information Evening
We were unfortunately unable to hold the scheduled New Parents Information Evening on 12 July but have put together a video containing all the information from the event.
Summer School (23-27 August 2021)
Summer School is a unique opportunity for our new starters to familiarise themselves with Formby High School and make new friends in advance of the new school year through our Summer School. This fun and exciting week plays a key part in helping students get to know the campus, key staff and, most importantly, each other by enjoying fun and educational activities throughout this final week of the summer break.
Bookings for Summer School are now closed and we have received bumper numbers for this year. We are really looking forward to seeing everyone in August.
- Monday 23 August – STEM Explorers
- Tuesday 24 August – Humanities Explorers
- Wednesday 25 August – Sporting Stars
- Thursday 26 August – Creative Explorers
- Friday 27 August – Enterprise Challenge Day
Mr Cook has written to parents with full information about arrangements for the week.
The school has two approved uniform suppliers, Whittakers Schoolwear (Southport) and Monkhouse.Schoolwear Specialists (Crosby) who both provide in-store and online uniform sales. Full details of uniform requirements can be found on our Uniform page of the Key Information section of this website.
Please remember that email is the primary method of communication with parents at FHS. Up until September, we will communicate with you from our firstname.lastname@example.org email to the email address you used to submit your admission preferences to Sefton.
During your child’s first week in September, you will receive an invitation email from ParentMail, our chosen home/school communication platform, with your unique registration link. Please ensure you register as soon as possible to avoid missing important communications from the school. For both environmental and financial reasons, the school has chosen to be as paper free as possible and we appreciate your full support!
We encourage you to keep in regular touch with us via Formby High School’s various communication channels over the coming weeks and months as we will use these to provide frequent updates and announce creative approaches to continuing provision and community engagement throughout the current closure period:
- FHS on Twitter – our Twitter account (@FormbyHigh) is a vibrant source of news and updates from across the life and work of the school. Many of our subject areas also have Twitter accounts which you can link to via the school’s main account.
- FHS on YouTube – we have recently added several fantastic, creative videos to our channel, which are well worth a quiet moment to watch!
- Email – don’t forget, if you have any questions or concerns you would like to raise with us, please don’t hesitate to email email@example.com.
A Virtual ‘behind the scenes’ tour video – this was developed last summer when the last Year 6 group were unable to attend the school for induction days due to lockdown restrictions. This will give you and your child a sneak peak around before their visit in the summer!