[table id=9 /]
A big FHS welcome to all our new Year 7 students joining us in September 2020!
We are delighted you have chosen Formby High School for your secondary education and we look forward to working with all parents and students to ensure the next five to seven years are enjoyable, challenging and highly rewarding.
We understand that this year’s transition programme will, inevitably, look very different this year for obvious reasons. However, we are committed to provide the support, guidance and welcome FHS is known for. Despite the challenges of lockdown, our transition teams are working hard remotely to keep this process going.
Our Transition Team, led by Mr Cook (Senior Assistant Headteacher) and Mrs Edey (Climate for Learning Leader Year 7), oversees the smooth transition of students from primary to secondary school on an annual basis. Your child’s Form Tutor will be with them for the next five years of school and will be key point of contact for you.
Important Information Letters for Year 6 Parents
- Letter from the Headteacher 15 May 2020
- Letter from the Headteacher 19 June 2020
- Letter from the Headteacher 17 July 2020
Over recent weeks, our Transition Team has been working with your child’s primary school to ensure we have all the information we need to help him/her enjoy his/her transition to secondary school in September and make the experience as smooth and effective as possible.
Throughout the transition process, we communicate with our new parents by email via the address you used to submit your preference to Sefton in October. We are confident that you will enjoy this transition process and that your child will be fully supported during this important milestone for them. Becoming part of the FHS family will be an experience they won’t forget and we are very much looking forward to meeting everyone over the coming weeks.
Virtual Transition Programme
- A Transition Workbook packed full of interesting, stimulating and challenging ‘assignments’ from each subject area. This will help students get a ‘feel’ of what their Year 7 curriculum will involve from September. We are working with primary colleagues to organise the distribution of printed copies of the workbook to all our new starters over the next week.
- A Virtual Induction meeting, held online with key staff and a few of our current Year 7 ‘ambassadors’. We hope to be ‘beamed’ into the Year 6 classrooms (and homes if students are not in school) to share some important information about life high school.
- A Virtual ‘behind the scenes’ tour video (see below) to help our new Year 7s navigate their way around and meet a few staff along the way.
- A Virtual Parents Information session which will allow me, Mr Cook (Senior Assistant Headteacher) and Mrs Edey (Climate for Learning Leader) to share important information for parents about the school, pastoral care and the curriculum. This is in addition to our handy New Parent Handbook (please click on the image below) packed with lots of useful information to help you and your child prepare for secondary school.
Summer School 2020
We are looking forward to meeting those students who have booked places at this year’s Summer School during week commencing 17 August 2020. Please find updated information below to help you and your child prepare (click on the image to view the full document):
- Summer School Brochure (March 2020)
Meet the Tutors!
Here are some messages from Year 7 tutors who are all looking forward to meeting their tutor groups!
The school has two approved uniform suppliers, Whittakers Schoolwear (Southport) and Monkhouse.Schoolwear Specialists (Crosby). Full details of uniform requirements can be found on our Uniform page of the Key Information section of this website.
Please remember that email is the primary method of communication with parents at FHS. Up until September, we will communicate with you from our email@example.com email. However, on your child’s first day in September, you will receive an invitation email from ParentMail, our chosen home/school communication platform, with your unique registration link. Please ensure you register as soon as possible to avoid missing important communications from the school. For both environmental and financial reasons, the school has chosen to be as paper free as possible and we appreciate your full support!
We encourage you to keep in regular touch with us via Formby High School’s various communication channels over the coming weeks and months as we will use these to provide frequent updates and announce creative approaches to continuing provision and community engagement throughout the current closure period:
- FHS on Twitter – our Twitter account (@FormbyHigh) is a vibrant source of news and updates from across the life and work of the school. Many of our subject areas also have Twitter accounts which you can link to via the school’s main account.
- FHS on YouTube – we have recently added several fantastic, creative videos to our channel, which are well worth a quiet moment to watch!
- Email – don’t forget, if you have any questions or concerns you would like to raise with us, please don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org.